Friday, June 26, 2009

Life's Like a Box of Chocolates

I'm swimming in chocolate at the moment. I think it's going to be a good weekend. By "good" of course I mean that I may go into a diabetic coma. :-)


Last night Stafford came over and brought me some swag from John: two cakes of homemade Central American chocolate to be used to make real hot chocolate. Like Water for Chocolate hot chocolate. Mmmmmmm..........

Homemade Chocolate Cakes


As if that weren't enough, tonight, I got home from work and had a birthday package from Aaron waiting for me. A book, a stack of seed packets, a variety of engineering swag, and American junk food! Nice-uh!


Russian Nesting Packages


American Junk Food

Potential Plants

Engineering Swag

Kitty Approved


I can't have plants, because my cat will eat them, but I'm willing to bet that between Joe, Stafford, and Jackie, I can find a loving home for the seeds. Jackie's having a sleepover in a few weeks, so some seeds might be a nice hostess gift. Probably not as nice as liquor, but whatever.


***

Tomorrow I have a ConComm meeting for the KOTESOL international conference. Of course, I am not at all prepared and am pretty much ready to go to bed. Decisions, decisions. Sigh. Obviously, blogging was FAR more important than getting my shit together. Procrastinator to the end... Maybe a Hostess pie will give me some sugar power...

3 comments:

Jackie Bolen said...

so this means that you're coming to the event of the summer???

Aaron said...

I hope you enjoy. I know Little Debbies is good but just not close to Hostess Cake goodness-eee

dokebi said...

american junk food is way healthier than korean junk food

At least there's 2% iron or 5% calcium in those things

Korean snacks have 0% everything & when it says "calcium included" then you get 2%