Friday, April 27, 2007

Take a hint, you useless SOB

Well, D-Day has come and gone. As you may have guessed from the title, he did not get on the plane. I got home from work to find an empty apartment (yay!). My excitement lasted exactly 2.3 seconds, until I turned on the lights and saw his bag, passport, and ticket. The only thing he took was the money I gave him.

It was only about $100, so I am guessing he will show up some time tomorrow with a "reason" why he couldn't go.

So, my question is, at what point is the line crossed from "premeditated" to "justifiable"? I have bought him two plane tickets and (last time) given him thousands of dollars to leave me alone. What more will it take?

I don't think calling the police would help, and I'm not sure he's out of status. However, at this point, I think my only option will be to call immigration, regardless of whether or not I will incur the fine as a result.

Thanks for letting me vent.

1 comment:

Mia said...

What dead body? I do not know anything about a dead husband. ;)

I think it might be worth a call to immigration to find out about his status at this point. Even if it means you have to get stuck with the fine. But you also have proof from the airline tickets that you have bought that show you have tried to get him to leave. And can you get your money back from the tickets? I hope so.