Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I didn't die, but my computer did

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last posted. My excuses (and there are many) are:
  • my computer had to get a new hard drive after being pounced on by a certain cat too many times
  • less than one week after my hard drive was repaired, my ISP external device (like a modem, but I have an internal modem, I really have no idea what it is, but unless you use wireless in Korea, you have to have one from your service provider) died-- possibly also a result of too many pouncing-upons (no immobile target too immobile for my kitty)
  • I was a volunteer manager at this year's KOTESOL international conference week before last. It was the usual extravaganza of stress and no sleep
  • I'm still training my no-longer-quite-so-new teachers

So not only have I not been posting, I also haven't been working on the pattern I was supposed to submit for Sock Madness 2. Apparently, I'm not the only one.

I have a ton of photos to submit, but I need to be getting ready for work, so I'll just leave you with today's PSA: back up your files, especially photos and other files you can't replace. It cost me $200 to get my files retrieved off of my old hard drive and I pretty much had to beg them, then yell at them, to get them to do it. You know, of course, that by "yell at them" I mean "had a Korean yell at them so it made sense and they could understand", right?

No comments: