Wednesday, October 03, 2007

NOOOOOOOOO! The sound of a thousand bookmarks being obliterated

I recall reading on some one's blog that updating IE caused her to lose all of her bookmarks. I might link to that blog, if I hadn't only recalled it AFTER updating my own computer and losing several years worth of bookmarks. Well, it's about par for the course this week.

I'll be going back to the dentist this weekend (I hope), because forgetting the perils of eating while watching TV, I bit my fork and chipped a tooth. My top teeth are big enough to hide the chip, but the inside of the tooth was damaged more than the outside and the rough edge is hurting my tongue and driving me crazy.

So, wow, that means I made it a whole month without a dental visit. Yay, me.
***

I've got a bunch of photos, but I don't feel like uploading them. Actually, I think some of them are from the last time I posted when I didn't feel like dealing with it.

I've got a couple of small FOs- a hat and a scarf.

I got some great yarn with free shipping and cast on a bunch of things right away. Then uncast on (frogged) them because they weren't what I was hoping. Someday, I may learn to stop making patterns up on the needles. I may even learn to make a gauge swatch. Dreams, people.

Last night I ordered Crazy Aunt Purl's book, so I'll be watching my door for that. Yes, the postage was more than the book. Thanks, Tower.

***
The new teachers seem to be getting settled in. I've been spending a fair amount of time getting them up to speed on their classes and life in Korea.

I had psyched myself up for some long hours (extra money), but at the last minute, they decided they wanted overtime. So, I'll just be teaching three morning hours a week, instead of fifteen. When I got to school yesterday, I found out that they school had decided to take me up on my offer of getting off early instead of getting overtime, effective immediately. So, I'll be getting off at 6:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Nice.

It would have been nicer if any of us had known our schedules were changing before 2:00 yesterday (classes start at 2:30), but that wouldn't be Korea, now would it? I don't mind last minute changes, I've been teaching these same books long enough that I know how I'm going to each lesson of each story, but it's really not fair to teachers with one and two weeks of experience.
***
Ravelry continues to dominate my free time. A secret stole project begins on Friday, so I've been swatching (gasp! I know, I wouldn't have believed myself capable of it either, but I don't like overly lacy lace and the needle size given didn't seem to match the yarn, IMHO). What do you know, I'll be going down about 1.5mm in needle size to get the fabric I like. Hopefully, I won't end up with a 6" wide stole (only length is adjustable).

There's also a new group for knitters in Korea, so maybe we can get together for a little yarn trawl. Not that I need it.

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Jen, thanks so much for your comment on my blog with instructions to a couple good yarn shops here in Korea! I've written the directions down and will definitely have to check those stores out!!

I'll bookmark your blog and be back to visit again!