Monday, November 13, 2006

48 Things You Could Care Less About

1. FIRST NAME? Jennifer
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I think my parents just liked the name. I have a twin named Amy and I'm pretty sure both names were in the top five the year we were born.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I am kind of a crybaby over stupid, schmaltzy crap. There was a CNN commercial a few years back showing an Olympic runner pull a muscle and then hop to the finish line. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. Really. I don't cry too often over actual real-life drama, though.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. My handwriting is small and cramped, even when I make a concerted effort to make it look nice, or even legible. In the time I have been teaching, my blackboard writing has improved. However, I do little other writing, so my paper (real) writing has devolved commensurately.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Turkey is the only lunchmeat that doesn't turn my stomach. I'll be in the US in a few weeks and plan to eat enough turkey that it, too, will turn my stomach.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I don't know, I might annoy me.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? blogblogblog
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep. I scared them into submission in college. I had tonsillitis over and over until a doctor said the next time, he would take them out. That was the last time I had tonsillitis.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Absolutely not. I was invited today, but I live in Korea, land of no law suits. No thanks. Punitive damages keep (business) people honest. In all honesty, I wouldn't even bungee jump in the US, though.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Does oatmeal count? I like cinnamon flavored oatmeal with raisins cooked in it.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes, which tends to drive Koreans a little crazy, because it takes so long (I double knot, because my laces don't stay tied otherwise. Yes, I am over the age of three, I am just lacing-impaired.)
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically strong? Hahaha! Um, I don't need one of those pseudo-wheelchairs for lazy people. Yet.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Hmmm. I am trying to end my addiction to ice cream, but I have two that I can't pass up. I don't know their proper names (I know the packages), but they are both B&J's. One is choc with brownie chunks and the other is peppermint with peppermint Oreo-types cookies in it. Mmmmmm. I could eat the whole pint, shortly before throwing up.
14. SHOE SIZE? Depends on the shoe. US 7.5 to 8
5. RED OR PINK? Red, definitely. Especially darker, bluer reds. Somehow I've got more pink in my closet than red, but I'm not happy about it.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My tendency to obsess and then obsess some more.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I miss my family. I only see them every couple of years.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Ummm...okay, by everyone, I'm guessing the three people who read this.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Now? I'm inside, so I'm not wearing shoes. I'm wearing gray sweatpants and a blue sweatshirt. In my defense, it's 1:30 in the morning.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? I had dinner with a coworker (previously seen modeling the latest in Korean tableware). We ate something that is called chicken ribs, but it is really boneless chicken with vegetables and red pepper paste grilled at your table. YUM! I hadn't eaten it in about two or three years and I could eat it again tomorrow. It's total student food, but it is so good!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Yahoo music (country), my newest time waster.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Something blue-green like a dark teal or dark purple.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? I'm not really into smells. Actually, I don't think my nose is that sensitive, because I rarely notice smells.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My husband or the pizza guy. I hate talking on the phone, so only a few people have my number.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? How quickly they can make me laugh *with them*.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I like ALL the people I stole this from (I've seen it on a quadrillion blogs, I can't remember whose I actually took it from.)
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Diet Coke (aka liquid crack)
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Is there such a thing? Aussie Rules football isn't as boring as the other kinds (of football, I mean).
29. EYE COLOR? Hazel
30. HAT SIZE? Small. I'm a bit of a small-head , you know, relative to my butt.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Glasses. I used to wear contacts, but quit when I got married. ;-)
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Today, it's Dakkalbi (my dinner). I've been eating a lot of tofu stew lately, too. I go through favorite food phases.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary movies scare me. Yes, I'm a total dork. I accept that. If you refer back to number three, I'm a bit of a cry baby when I watch tear-jerkers, so it's a no-brainer.
34. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD IT BE? In a picturesque village Europe, overlooking water with mountains in the distance. A girl can dream, right?
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? I am from the South. Therefore, heat and humidity are fine, but I cannot tolerate the least little bit of cold. Here in Korea, I wear long johns until June. Before I moved here, I didn't know people wore them when they weren't camping. Maybe they don't...
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Yes.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Anything that supplies my RDA of chocolate-y goodness will do, the gooier the better, but I'm trying to wean myself.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? <shrugs>
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Most everybody, I imagine. Hasn't everyone already answered this?
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? My personal reading time is greatly diminished by my ever-increasing knitting time and the fact that I have to read about five chapter books/ novels a week for school.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Nothing, it's the one that came with the computer.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? About a thousand videos on the newly discovered Yahoo music (I was feeling sick, okay). Okay, I haven't newly discovered Yahoo music, but I have newly discovered that I can watch it on TV, like a DVD.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? The last bell at the end of the day.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Depends on my mood, but more likely to be the Stones.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Korea or Australia, I'm not sure which is farther and I can't be bothered to look at my map.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Putting up with idiots and my humility. Or is it my sarcasm? That's a talent, right?
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Louisiana
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Stolen from someone who must have an interesting knitblog, but I read too many interesting ones to actually recall which one was the one that I finally ripped it off of. I read it on scores (or at least ten, anyway).
Okay - your turn. DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT! You know you want to.

No comments: