Thursday, November 02, 2006

It's Out!!

The new MagKnits, that is. The one that I'm in, as opposed to the one that I *thought* I would be in (because I tend to be somewhat memory impaired and mistook October for November). Check me out: http://www.magknits.com/Nov06/patterns/peeps.htm

Here are a couple of photos:
The color is pretty retina-damaging for me, but if you recall, the blue/ yellow was my second attempt at dyeing and did not turn out AT ALL as expected. When I saw it, I knew what I had to do with it- add pink. :-)



OTN today, after a small rest in the frog pond, are my swap pal socks. Her feet are somewhat bigger than mine (my first socks knit for a different size) so I hope they fit. She got her yarn and loves it, so one worry off my mind. You know, I really didn't realize how much thought I would have to put into this swap. I don't know WHY I didn't realize it when I buy my own family members gift certificates because I don't want to get them something they don't like. She quilts, so I got her a silk bag with traditional Korean-style patchwork. Those should be in the mail tomorrow or Monday. Anyway, here they are:



3 comments:

Laughingrat said...

I saw a discussion about your MagKnits pattern on Socknitters and found my way over here. :) Congratulations on your getting published, the pattern is really cool!

The sock pal socks are elegant and that bag is great. I had no idea ther *was* a traditional Korean patchwork, much less what it looked like. Quilting (modern and traditional) interests me so it I liked seeing that.

Jen said...

Thank you! Everyone on Socknitters has been so supportive. I don't really have any *real life* knitting buddies, so I had to share my excitement somewhere. :-)

Koreans use(d) patchwork silk handkerchief-style squares for wrapping and carrying just about anything relatively light weight. I took a class, but it was sooooo time consuming making all those tiny little stitches perfectly even and straight. So, I have *one* handmade scarf. It looks like a child made it. LOL
Jen

JanKnit said...

Congrats on your publication of Peeps!! They look great!! I'm also glad some of my own socks are now being worn by an internationally published knitter!!! Good job!