Monday, January 29, 2007

Hold the ice cream, please

Yesterday, I went into "the city" to meet an old friend I haven't seen in a few years. She lives in an upscale area (just a few blocks from Hooters) so we went to a fancy-schmancy chocolatier for hot chocolate.

It was creamy and especially delicious with the flaky chocolate sticks served on the side to stir in. There was also some homemade ice cream that looked to die for. Neither of us were hungry as it was shortly after lunch, so we had our drinks and got caught up. A couple of hours later (we talk A LOT), the ice cream was starting to call our names. That's when my friend noticed the girl behind the counter was eating it.

Now, I don't mean taking a Baskin-Robbins taster spoon and tossing it. No. She was using ONE SPOON to eat out of each container and then, after carefully (and at length) licking the spoon clean, stirring the ice cream, presumably to hide what she had done. Her little snack went on for ten to fifteen minutes while we openly watched her.

I should probably thank her, because that was better incentive to avoid ice cream than all the nutrition knowledge in the world. Kind of a Fast Food Nation for deserts.

I finished a pair of socks for my mom, if I can make myself part with them, that is. I'm too lazy to take a photo at the moment, so I'll just tell you, I used the same yarn as my last pair of socks in autumnal colors, with a slightly different beaded rib pattern. When I get around to posting pics, I will include one of the two remaining balls of yarn. One is about twice a big as the other. The short one had two knots in it, but that should not account for more than a foot of difference. If I hadn't already used three other balls of the stuff and loved it, I probably wouldn't use it again, but I LOVE THIS YARN!


edit: Here are the socks for my mom (if I can make myself send them):











I started working on a pair yesterday using Pansy, but I ripped it, because it wasn't doing what I wanted it to. So, I think I'm going to make the last pair of socks with the Limbo. The blue socks are color 793, my mother's are 795, and I've got two balls of 794. I tried to paste in the color card, but it did not want to be pasted.

No comments: